Return to Keighley Aviation History
- An update on the UK regulations for model flyers - a bit of good news at last!I published an update on the BMFA website on 23rd August (https://bmfa.org/News/News-Page/ArticleID/2608/An-update-on-the-UK-regulations-for-model-flyers ) which provided a summary of our position at that time. This was also going to be the basis of - Read more
- THE 2019 FREE FLIGHT FORUM AT A NEW VENUE.The thirty-fifth BMFA Free-Flight Forum will open at 10 a.m. on Nov. 17th, the day after the AGM, at the Mercure Daventry Court Hotel, Sedgemoor Way, Daventry NN110SG. Even if you’re not yet bitten by the free-flight bug, come along and see what it - Read more
- Mike KnappMike Knapp, Chairman of the Beaufort Model Flying Club, passed away on 11th August 2019 aged 84 after a short illness. The Beaufort MFC was formed in the early 70s and steadily expanded to become one of the largest in the Western Area. Mike joined th - Read more
- An update on the UK regulations for model flyersWe would like to record our thanks to all those members who responded to our ‘Call to Action’ in response to CAP1775, the CAA’s consultation of the Drone Registration and Education Scheme (DRES) for which they are expecting our members to contribu - Read more
- World Championship Medal in the F3C Helicopter World ChampionshipThe British F3C team started off well with Steve Roberts and Mark Christy making it through the Preliminary Round to the Finals Rounds.
- Magnificent Championship Medal Successes for the British F3N Helicopter Team!A terrific medal haul for the British team in the F3N (Freestyle Helicopter) at the World Championships in Ballenstedt, Germany that finished today.
- Achievement Scheme Roadshow Alveston, Bristol, BS35 3LL, 5th OctoberThe Achievement Scheme Review Committee will be hosting a further Achievement Scheme Roadshow on Saturday 5th October. The venue is The Ship Inn, Thornbury Road, Alveston, Bristol, BS35 3LL Refreshments and a buffet lunch will be provided. We are - Read more
- Achievement Scheme Awards 2019Do you know an examiner or instructor who has gone that extra mile this year? Maybe they have worked hard at promoting the scheme within your club, or perhaps they have toiled long and hard to get a pupil up to the required standard? Alternatively, - Read more
- MIKE BILLINTON, FSMAE, 12/3/1932- 5/7/2019MIKE BILLINTON, FSMAE, 12/3/1932- 5/7/2019 Mike Billinton was a unique person, a self-taught engineer, engine builder and tester, author and control line speed multiple winner - being the first person in Europe to break the 200mph record for the 10c - Read more
- Four BMFA Members benefit from 2019 Royal Aero Club Trust Bursaries