Earlier today it was reported to me that Nick Hemple has had a Lipo fire within his model room which is situated within his house. First reports are that whilst there is extensive damage to his model room the rest of the house has only sustained minor smoke damage and everyone got out safely.
Comment from Nick.
Reading about lipo fires in no way prepares you for the event, apologies to my wife Nancy and a warning to us all. I don’t know if I will trust t…hem, or myself again.
PLEASE TAKE CARE
I think we can all appreciate the sentiments in Nick’s comment and as members of KADMAC we would like to offer any support as needed to Nick and his family.
A full report will be issued as and when the full facts are ascertained.
My first thought after find out everyone was ok, was how many times have I nipped off for my tea or some other reason when charging my lipos, never again.
This might not be an appropriate time to mention this, but recently a lot of house insurance policies have taken to excluding aero modelling actives. I think this must be a good time to check ours.
If you would like information on Li-Poly use and safety please checkout in our Handbook section of this website.
LITHIUM POLYMER BATTERY SAFETY BOOKLET
written by Bob Smith
Or Click Here